PE and Sport Premium
At St. Joseph's Catholic Academy we aim to inspire our pupils to lead healthy, active lives. We want our children to develop a range of skills to enable them to sustain and enjoy a positive relationship with sport and physical activity. We are really proud of how we use the PE & Sports Premium Funding to help us to do this.
Sports Funding explanation:-
Since September 2013 Primary Schools nationwide have been receiving funding to improve the provision of PE & Sport.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The Schools within the Newman Catholic Collegiate have pooled a percentage of this Funding, employing a trained PE Specialist to put into place procedures that will ensure the quality and breath of PE and sport provision is improved.
All 8 Schools annually complete a structured review regarding the quality and breadth of PE; in addition to this review Schools keep a log of how many Sports clubs are available to children, how many competitions the School enters and the amount of boys/girls that attend sports clubs.
All Schools in the Collegiate are now highly committed to ensuring our pupils learn about the numerous benefits of living a healthy, balanced and active lifestyle.
Our children participate in fitness tests which allow us to implement informed, targeted interventions that help some children to start enjoying being more active. We have been fortunate to witness the fitness of our children improve since the funding began. Our children are now more active, more knowledgeable about their health (not just physical) and enjoy trying more activities than ever before!
As a Collegiate, we aim to ensure:
- Class Teachers are receiving 1-to-1 Training with a P.E Specialist in a variety of physical activities, raising the standard of teaching and learning in PE across the Collegiate.
- Schools continue to increase the amount of competitive opportunities for children in a number of Physical Activities.
- All Teaching staff receive high quality PE and Sports training.
- Every child has the opportunity to extend their learning in PE in a wide range of extra-curricular clubs.
- All teaching Staff utilise the standardised assessment policy implemented throughout the Collegiate.
- Continue to help children focus on the benefits of leading a Healthy, Balanced, Active Lifestyles.
- Talented children are highlighted and challenged to become the best they can be
The Newman Catholic Collegiate recognises the important role PE and Sport can play in developing children’s self-esteem, physical literacy and physical, social and mental health. The Collegiate intends to continually self-evaluate its PE and Sports delivery to ensure the Funding allocated embeds School life in a sustainable manner.